1. Saint Etienne - OnBlackheath - London - September 11
Quite possibly one of the most perfect setlists ever, Saint Etienne played with a full band, strings, flute, guitar, it was perfection. The POP never ended and I moved the entire time. The giant balloons did get annoying but added to the overall fun of the set. Amazing!
2. Junior Boys - FYF - LA - August 27
The energy of this seemingly short set was intense. I could NOT stop dancing and they sounded perfect. Being in that dark tent with all the lasers & lights & disco balls just made it all the more perfect.
3. The Cure - The Chelsea + Sleep Train Amphitheatre - Las Vegas + Chula Vista - May 20 + 21
I would have liked to mush these two shows together and sprinkle in a little "Killing an Arab" to make my life more complete but it's okay. The Cure was on point every night I saw them but these two were the better of the four shows I attended!
4. Twin Shadow - Performing the Entire "Purple Rain" Album - Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever - LA - September 23
Another intense show saw Twin Shadow playing a fitting tribute to the great Prince. The crowd was overwhelmingly into the show and we were right in front to enjoy all the magic.
5. Róisín Murphy - El Rey Theatre - LA - November 9
There is nothing you can compare Roisin Murphy to, and definitely nothing to which you can compare seeing her live. Non-stop costume changes and seeing her transform her art pop into the live setting is pure greatness. I truly was overpowered!
Grace Jones (FYF)
Lush x3 (Terminal 5 / The Fonda Theatre)
Peaches / Christeene (The Wiltern)
Still Corners (The Roxy)